All ages are welcome to spend a beautiful Saturday morning exploring nature at Gamble Garden. Enjoy guided nature tours for adults, nature hunts for families, family nature crafts, and more.
Spend a beautiful March morning at Gamble Garden as you hunt for the queen of winter flowers, the captivating camellia!
1. Don’t miss the fabulous display table exhibiting camellia blooms, courtesy of the San Francisco Peninsula Camellia Society.
2. Use our complimentary map with the names and locations of a dozen of Gamble’s most prized heritage camellias, including the Kumasaka, a cultivar dating back to 1695.
3. Family Activity: Kids become camellia sleuths with our complimentary Camellia Tracker Game.
4. Stop by our flower anatomy station and get the “inside scoop” on how flowers interact with pollinators
5. Take an experiential learning tour of the garden with one of our talented inquiry-based guides.
6. Did you know that black, green and white teas come from the leaves of a camellia? Stop by our tea tasting station to learn about this venerable, aromatic beverage which has been around for nearly 5000 years!
Registration is FREE. Registration is required for this event. Register for timed entry at 10 and 11 AM. Register in advance or at the door. We look forward to seeing you on Second Saturday!