Garden Mission Statement
The Elizabeth F. Gamble Garden is dedicated to preserving this 1902 Edwardian estate as an oasis of beauty and tranquility,
providing a community resource for horticultural education, enjoyment and inspiration for people of all ages.
The organization has core values and guiding principles that built it to this point and will lead it in the future.
Gamble Garden values the:
- Preservation and appreciation of our historical heritage with a sensitivity to our environment and natural resources
- Opportunity to learn and to educate by providing quality and relevant horticultural programs within a welcoming atmosphere
- Integrity, dedication, and enthusiasm of talented volunteers and staff
- Participation and support of people of all ages
- Adherence to a sound and disciplined financial model
In order to achieve its purpose:
- Offer the garden to the public at no charge every day of the year as an effective educational tool, an enjoyable aesthetic experience and as a place of historical significance.
- Offer educational programs targeted to meet the needs of a diverse group of constituents including: children, adults, individuals with disabilities or special needs, gardeners, college students and horticultural professionals. Whenever possible, we seek to extend the reach and impact of our programs by collaborating with partners whose strengths are complementary.
- Act as good stewards of the Gamble home and gardens, always seeking to implement best practices and to foster a climate of mutual trust and respect.